Irvine Playgrounds to Re-Open
Irvine, California - Today, the City of Irvine announced the re-opening of playgrounds, pursuant to guidance from the Office of the Governor and the California Department of Public Health.
Those guidelines include:
1. Face masks over the mouth and nose are required for everyone 2 years of age or older with caregiver supervision at all times to ensure face mask use
2. Do not use the playground when different households are unable to maintain a physical distance of 6 feet or when the capacity limit of [number of children and number of adults] has been reached
3. Caregivers must monitor to keep adults and children from different households at least 6 feet apart
4. Consider coming on different times or days to avoid wait times and potential crowded times
5. No eating or drinking in playground, to ensure face masks are worn at all times
6. Wash or sanitize hands before and after using the playground.
7. Elderly and persons with underlying medical conditions should avoid playground when others are present
8. Limit visit to 30 min per day when others are present
In addition, staff from City Hall has begun the process of notifying local Irvine Homeowners Associations of such changes.
#AnthonyKuo #Irvine #IrvineCityCouncil #parks #playgrounds #COVID19 #ReOpeningGuidelines #MichaelCarroll #ChristinaShea #FarrahKhan